Our values were chosen in collaboration with parents, pupils and staff.
We wanted to agree on 6 values for our school. These values will be taught and reinforced in our school. There are so many great values it is hard to settle on 6, but having a group of core values will give us focus and allow a deeper understanding of what each value means in action. Many of the values overlap and many have layers of meaning which can be explored as the children grow.
Parents were sent a voting slip a week in advance and invited to the playground to either post their slip or mark their choice on our playground tally chart.
It was a lovely event - despite the wet weather - and we were pleased to see how many of our families got involved.
We collated all of the votes, which then guided our final decision, along with the feedback from staff and governors.
The whole staff at Barton Park Primary are really pleased with the values we have agreed on. They give us plenty of scope to support the personal development of the children, as well as their supporting their academic success.
Our ethos is based on highly committed and valued staff working with parents in partnership to ensure Barton Park Primary School is a school where:
- An awareness of self, community and global issues fosters responsible behaviour with respect for all.
- A culture of challenge and high expectations is promoted to maximise every child’s successful next steps onto secondary school.
- Children are taught in a stimulating and purpose-built environment where quality resources support pupil engagement and enjoyment of learning.
- Our caring ethos supports the development of positive relationships with all being equally valued so they in turn treat all with respect and understanding.
- Outstanding teaching and learning through flexible teaching methods ensure all pupils reach the high levels of educational progress we expect