In 2020-21, Barton Park Primary School had an admission number of 30 in total across Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. This was made up of 15 reception age children in one class, and a second class with a mix of Year 1 and Year 2 children. Where fewer applicants for each year group are received, the school will offer places to children in the alternative year group.
Barton Park Primary School is expected to grow to a 1.5 form entry school. This means we can take 45 children into each reception class, each year. From KS1 onwards, this means our school will teach some children in mixed year classes.
For a place in our Reception Class 2021, families need to apply to the local authority for a school place, so that their children can start school in September, after their 4th birthday. The deadline for applications has now passed but late applications can be made up to 4 May 2021.
Barton Park Primary School follows the Oxfordshire School Admissions process.
The County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
Admissions officers are responsible for:
- Ensuring that the County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
- Consulting on admissions arrangements for community and controlled schools
- Allocating school places and determining the eligibility to free home to school transport, the latter in liaison with the Integrated Transport Unit
- Providing relevant information for, and ensuring County Council representation at, admissions appeals.
- Working closely with School Organisation Officers to ensure sufficiency of school places
- Providing advice, guidance and data relating to admissions.
- Providing advice, guidance and data relating to admissions
Parents can apply for a place in an Oxfordshire school online at http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions
Oxfordshire County Councils School Admissions Team can be contacted on 01865 815175 or by emailing: email@example.com