At present, Barton Park Primary School is a 0.5 FE school, which means that we have an intake of 15 in each year group. This allows us to combine year groups with a maximum of 30 children in KS1. We intend to take up to 30 children in our reception intake, September 2022. This class size is limited by infant class size legislation: (4.1 School Admissions (Infant Class Sizes) (England) Regulations 2012).
Over time, Barton Park Primary School is expected to grow to a 1.5 form entry school. This means that, when there is sufficient demand within our catchment, we will take 45 children into each reception class, each year.
For a place in our Reception Class, families need to apply to the local authority for a school place, so that their children can start school in September, after their 4th birthday.
Applications open on 2nd November 2021 with a closing date of 15th January 2022.
The County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
Admissions officers are responsible for:
- Ensuring that the County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
- Consulting on admissions arrangements for community and controlled schools
- Allocating school places and determining the eligibility to free home to school transport, the latter in liaison with the Integrated Transport Unit
- Providing relevant information for, and ensuring County Council representation at, admissions appeals.
- Working closely with School Organisation Officers to ensure sufficiency of school places
- Providing advice, guidance and data relating to admissions.
All applicants refused a place have a right of appeal heard by an independent panel, arranged via the council: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents/schools/apply-school-place/school-appeals
Our Catchment Map